Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day 4 - The Finality of a One-Way Ticket

Have you ever purchased a one-way plane ticket? 

I never did. Neither when I first came to this country nor on the 10 subsequent times I traveled back and forth. It is quite a thing...There is something so "final" about it. 

So from this short preface, you may have gathered that I may have accomplished one of the biggest task on my "moving back" to-do list: I have purchased my plane ticket. No surprise there, it felt as much like crap as I imagined it would!!! The exorbitant amount of money you're spending, the pressure to buy it "NOW!" before the price goes up, and my (I have to say very helpful) travel agent George asking me the ultimate question with his thick Russian accent: "What is the return date M'am? I wanted to tell him to go ask my boyfriend but instead I refrained and explained that I "wanted" a one-way ticket.

It is the first time I got dizzy after purchasing something. I literally needed a minute (or twenty) to process how real this now was. I may have to increase my dose of Resveratrol tonight!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I thought this blog is about something exciting as it is called 60 days to Paris and I see it is an unwilling moving process back to France. I like your perspective on happiness as it is something we choose and make it happen despite of anything. Recently, I learned that happiness is a way of being that can be created by us at any moment. As it is created by us it is independent on any circumstances, life experiences, upbringing, education, culture, and our feelings. I hope this perspective will help you create fun in your moving process and ultimately create happiness in your destination. I wish you happiness, good luck, and great life!

    ReplyDelete