Monday, August 8, 2011

Day 10 - The Possibility of New Possibilities

By definition new chapters in our lives hold a lot of possibilities and hope for different, maybe bigger and better things. 

So as we all know, France/Paris gets its reputation more for making amazing food, speaking the "Language of Love" and being a fashion trend-setter rather than for being a "land of opportunity"...If you see what I mean... It does not necessarily help me in my embracing of this new chapter.

But on the other hand, there is something to be said  about arriving in a country where most of the basic things I may want to do (such as work, see a doctor, leave the country and come back, etc..) will be authorized and headache free. Sure, there will battles and challenges, but the basic premise of the new chapter of this story will be that I CAN try, I am allowed to "give it a shot". Kind of a new found freedom.

When you spend so long in such a restrictive situation, something in you dies. I think I may have stopped dreaming...What a tragic conclusion I just came about...Blah! But, that's the truth. I stopped dreaming about possibilities...in general.

So, attached to this wind of change coming my way, there is also the possibility of many "Oui!" which will be refreshing compared to the bunch of "Nos!" I have gotten in the last few years.

I may have found something positive to focus on for the next 50 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment